Continuing on my home entertaining theme – homemade placemats! I used some fabric leftover from my bedroom curtains (really should post photos of that soon) and this fall-ish cotton from Peapod to create reversible placemats.
I think I’m keeping this set, but since they’re so easy to make, I’ll be creating a few more for Christmas gifts.
Directions are simple:
1. Cut a 15 x 19-1/2′ rectangle of two pieces of fabric.
2. Place the front sides of the fabric together. starting from the center of any of the edges, stitch using a 1/2″ seam allowance.
3. Stitch all edges, leaving a 2″ gap between the end stitch and your first stitch.
4. Clip the corners, careful not cut into your stitching.
5. Turn inside out so that the wrong sides of the fabric are now together. Poke out
corners with a chopstick. Iron.
6. Topstitch using a 3/8″ allowance. If you want a second row of topstitching closer to the edge, use your zipper foot.
7. Press again, pour yourself a glass of wine, and set the table!