That’s right – radish butter. It sounds like a nondescript spread, but trust me when I tell you that this is no ordinary condiment. I made it for the first time on Independence Day (when it was devoured by two French guys at a 4th of July barbecue), and I have already made it once more since then.
It’s really the simplest of treats. I started with this recipe, then added onto it. You need just radishes, very good butter, very good salt, green onions and lemon.
When you’re done, spread it on a baguette, or use it instead of mayo in a sandwich. I made cucumber sandwiches with it, and they were way better than your standard tea fare.
Here you go. Trust me – once you start making this, you won’t be able to stop.
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 bunch red radishes, trimmed
- 2-1/2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Put the radishes in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the radish is chopped into very fine dice.
2. Transfer the contents to a length of cheesecloth or a double thickness of paper towels and wring out the excess liquid.
3. Gently mix the radishes with the softened butter.
4. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, chopped green onions, salt and pepper. Mix by hand until blended.
5. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
6. The spread will keep in the refrigerator for up to two days. Bring it to room temperature before serving.
7 thoughts on “Radish butter”
I enjoy what you guys tend to be up too.
This type of clever work and coverage! Keep up the terrific
works guys I’ve incorporated you guys to our blogroll.
You really make it seem really easy with your presentation however
I to find this topic to be really one thing which I believe I’d by no means understand.
It seems too complex and very large for me.
I am looking ahead for your next submit, I will try to get
the cling of it!
Attractive section of content. I simply stumbled upon your blog and in accession capital to claim that I get actually loved account
your weblog posts. Anyway I’ll be subscribing for your feeds and
even I fulfillment you get admission to consistently rapidly.
I do not even know the way I ended up right here, however I believed this put
up was good. I do not understand who you’re however certainly you
are going to a well-known blogger when you are not already.
I blog often and I genuinely thank you for your content.
Your article has truly peaked my interest. I am going to book mark your blog and keep checking for new information about once per week.
I opted in for your RSS feed as well.
Hi, I do think this is an excellent blog. I
stumbledupon it ;) I will return once again since I book-marked it.
Money and freedom is the best way to change, may you be rich and continue to guide other people.
Thanks a lot for sharing this with all folks you actually understand what you are
speaking about! Bookmarked. Kindly also talk over with my website =).
We could have a link alternate arrangement between us
Comments are closed.